Wednesday 22 October 2014

WINE TASTING | NIAGARA FALLS



WINE + NIAGARA FALLS + NEW FRIENDS = AMAZING DAY
After stressing out, crying, panicking, saying that I wasn't going on the trip and everything else that goes with me and exams I spoke to my mum, gran and Nina who all said wine is wayyy more important than exams (well in a round about way) so I decided to ditch the last day of studying to go on a Niagara Falls Wine Tasting trip with the International Office and I am soooo glad that I did! It was probably the best fun I have had since I arrived in Canada and the photos really sum up my time here so far.

The wine tour was very interesting and educational and really up my street. Maybe I'll end up working in a winery one day-  wine tasting for a job, whats not to love? We tasted Trius Red, White and Icewine and oooooh is Icewine goooood! Probably the most amazing wine I have ever tasted. When I introduced myself as being Scottish the guide seemed excited as he said Scottish people are always great fun! So in true Scottish style I represented by being the first to get my wine, the first finished and the first to get my glass filled - even though I was slagged by the rest of the group. You can take the girl out of Scotland but you can't take Scotland out of the girl! Unfortunately Icewine is very expensive but I have been told that you can  pick it up at duty free at the airport...maybe I'll treat myself when I depart Toronto?

We had lunch at a lovely restaurant in Niagara Falls called Coco's where everything was made on a stone fire. It was lovely and cosy inside and felt very homely for some reason. I had the nachos which were delicious!

I had visited the falls back in the summer as you would have seen in an earlier post but it was great seeing it in the middle of Fall. Although it was freezing this time around. It was great sharing this experience with the amazing friends that I have met here and they are all from across the world - Finland, Austria, Germany, France and Jamaica. We also had a bit of free time so went to Niagara on the Lake and found this lovely little spot to take the obligatory jumping photo!

Hope you are all well and have enjoyed this little update.
Sally xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment