Saturday 18 October 2014

FEELING FRENCH | MONTREAL


How beautiful is Montreal? I couldn't get over how stunning it was, especially in Autumn! This may sound stupid but it is very French! I know this is FRENCH Canada but for some reason I was expecting it to look Canadian with the people just speaking French however I was wrong. It was like I was walking along the streets of Paris. 

The streets were lined with little French cafes where I enjoyed a yummy Nutella and Strawberry Crepe and some coffee. Markus and I then moved on to explore the waterfront which was just picture perfect at this time of year. Whilst we were walking along, a lovely little old lady stopped us to tell us about a great viewing point where we could see a panoramic view of the entire city (thankfully Markus is fluent in French) so we ventured up onto this little platform and WAW were the views amazing. That's the thing I've learned about traveling, to get the best out of the experience you need to be open to people and chat to the locals, you never know what secrets they might reveal.

We then ventured over to visit 'Cathedral de Notre Damn' - totally butchered that there but I tried. It's exactly the same as the one in Paris although I felt that it was a lot smaller? A little musical ensemble were playing outside which took me back to roaming the streets of Paris with Gregor last summer and just sitting listening to the wonderful musicians for hours on end. I sat there for a little while and just absorbed the atmosphere and people watched.

We had the chance to engage in a group Thanksgiving dinner of Poutine which unfortunately I am not fond of so instead I went on search for food in Chinatown. I managed to get an amazing Yellow Tofu curry for only $7 and it was soooo yummy! Due to exams I didn't go out and experience the Montreal night life which I regret now but I'm sure it would have been an experience.

If you ever get the chance to go to Montreal I would definitely recommend it, I felt like I was closer to home for some strange reason. Anyway, stay tuned for the third part to this installment which will be my 1000 Island Adventure.

Hope you are all well :)
Sally xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment