Friday 10 October 2014

ALGONQUIN PARK

Canoeing, Hiking, Wolves, Breathtaking Views and a new Friend...















No photographs or words will ever measure up to the beautiful breathtaking views that I actually witnessed on my day trip to Algonquin Park. The moment that I stood at the top of that rock after a hike through the forest and seeing a panoramic view of the provincial park will stay with me forever (I felt like I was in the Lion King! hahaaa). Last weekend was peak time for the Autumn leaves changing colour so it was interesting to see the vast colour schemes from many different angles of the park. 

I didn't manage to see any Moose or Bears but did see a Wolf Pack! I also canoed on one of Algonquins many lakes, I say canoed but what I actually mean is paddled round in circles for an hour.

I went with the student tour company ISX and they were great, our tour guide Wendy was so friendly and made the trip the amazing day that it was. I also met a lovely Japanese girl, called Ai and have agreed that we are going to be tour guides for our coutnries when she manages to visit Scotland and I manage to visit Japan (one day!) We have also made plans to catch up in Toronto a couple of times before we both part our seperate ways. I am writing this on my blog because it proves the amazing opportunities that can unfold whilst being on Study Abroad. I came across this quote the other day and it has really summed up my time here so far...


Sally xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment