Sunday 16 November 2014

ROAD TRIP | DAY ONE




"Live for the journey not the destination"

The raindrop sound of my alarm in the morning wakes me up and after turning it off the first thing I do is tap open Pinterest to be faced with inspirational quotes in order for me to bring myself into a day of positivity. On Saturday morning I woke up to this quote which fitted perfectly with my weekend ahead - a Road Trip! We had the Bruce Peninsula area in mind that we eventually wanted to reach but decided to let Canada take us on a journey rather than having planned destinations.  

Our first day took us from Toronto to one of the most northern points of Ontario, Tobermory (after a one hour battle with the GPS and a car full of five girls!). We literally drove through every season imaginable in the space of about three hours - rain, sleet, snow and sunshine.  Hoggs Waterfall was our first stop , after a short (muddy and snowy) hike we arrived at the lovely mini waterfall, a lot smaller than we had anticipated but nonetheless a beautiful first stop. 

We then continued onto find The Grotto and Indian Head Cove - after a 30 mintute 'wheelchair access' hike, the Canadians obviously call rock climbing wheelchair accessible! But it's always an adventure and made  the end scene absoloutly epic as you felt as though you had worked for the view that was before your eyes - I'm sure you will agree that the view is stunning? Note to self and anyone thinking about exploring in this area WEAR SUITABLE FOOTWEAR! 

A couple of hours flew by and before we knew it we were at our Motel for the night - it's something you have to experience at least once in your life! We obviously had to remember the moment with a little photoshoot! We were knackered after our day of exploring so decided to chill in our little room by playing word and guessing games = which was hilarious considering we all speak different languages... "if you steal something from a shop" the answer was meant to be robbery yet Justine answered with "it's free" hahahaha - I suppose it's a 'you have to be there moment'. I also learned that Germans are VERY competitive.

As our first day came to an end I just couldn't quite believe that I had managed to experience so much in one day. My neck and head hurt due to the constant moving around and looking out of the window in all directions in order to take in as much as possible. My day definitely lived up to the quote I had read that morning!

Stay tuned for Day Two coming in my next post.
Hope you are all well and Keep Exploring!
Sally xxx

P.S sorry for the poor quality of some of the photographs - my camera did not agree with the snow and freezing temperatures which meant I was unable to capture a lot of the moments but I have taken more with my film camera and will be sure to share them when I get them developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment