Wednesday 26 November 2014

CASA LOMA



 Toronto definitely look after their International Students - on arrival at Toronto Pearson International Airport back in August I was greeted by a stand offering free Tim Horton's gift cards, maps, advice and mobile sim cards as well as a cute little tote bag filled with info I would need to get by in my first couple of days moving to a foreign country. Since then I have enjoyed complimentary trips and dinners = perks of going on exchange! On Sunday I registered to go on a free trip to Casa Loma which otherwise would have cost me $24!!! Other trips included the Toronto Zoo, Science Centre and the CN Tower, all trips which cost a fair bit of money so I would definitely keep a watch on your emails if you do come to study here as you will be offered plenty of FREE opportunities.

Anyway, I enrolled on the Casa Loma tour and WOW am I pleased that I had the chance to go. Sidenote: Being in this type of lighting has pushed me to properly learn how to use my DSLR to it's full potential rather than just relying on Photoshop to fix things so just ignore my Instagram filtered and badly lit photographs. Technological fails aside, Casa Loma is literally the most beautiful historical interior I have ever seen. If you didn't know, I am very interested in History and love the architecture and interior of castles but this just jumped to the next level. What made the experience even better was the fact that a wedding was taking place so everything was just extra beautiful...I'm going to have to start saving now for my big day because nothing will compare to this! 

The history behind the actual building is very intriguing as well as the fact that parts of the building were used for the filming of The Pacifier which is one of my favourite movies. I think the light snow fall made the experience even more enchanting as you looked out of the old windows and onto the streets of Toronto.

If you ever get a chance to visit Casa Loma then I would 100% recommend .
Keep Exploring!
Sally xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment