Friday 5 September 2014

NIAGARA FALLS TRIP

Niagara Falls has obviously been one of the things near the top of my bucket list so I was able to tick it off after experiencing one of the most amazing days of my life.










As you can probably see by the photographs the views were jaw-droppingly beautiful. I probably didn't enjoy the actual experience enough because I was too busy snapping away but I am so glad I did as I have managed to really capture the moment. Experiencing the crashing of the falls, mist of the water and the rainbow as you pass by on the boat was just magical.

After reading many reviews online about the best way to experience Niagara we decided to skip the touristy option and went for getting the Megabus from downtown Toronto to the town of Niagara Falls. We paid $35 return on the bus but we booked the night before and as always with Megabus, if you book in advance you can get it a lot cheaper. The journey took about 90 minutes with only 2/3 stops before we arrived at our destination. We then hopped onto the local bus which leaves just outside the bus station which took us straight to where we wanted to be. The local bus cost $7 for an all day ticket. We got off at the first stop for our photo opportunities overlooking the falls, We had heard that queues for the boat cruise can take up to 4 hours but I think we arrived just at the right time (around 4pm) as we only had to wait about 20 mins max from getting our tickets to getting onto the boat. You can opt to do other tours but we had heard from people who did the walk behind the falls that you didn't see anything and it was a waste of money and you get to see everything just on the boat cruise so that's what we did and our experience ended up being very relaxed and enjoyable. We didn't have a lot of time (altogether about 3.5 hoours) but I recommend if you do to take the bus along to the other end of the falls to get another amazing angle of the falls. We then hopped back onto the local bus back to the bus station and onto the Megabus. All I have to say is make sure to book your return Megabus as most of them will be sold out and you don't really want to be stranded as hotels are very very expensive last minute,

If you ever get the chance I definitely recommend paying a visit. I'm hoping to go back with some friends I've made here in the Fall/Winter - it will be nice to see the contrast in the landscape. I'll be sure to update you with pictures if  I do.

Sally xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment