Wednesday 3 September 2014

HELLO CANADA

I thought I would get moving on the exciting posts so here we go...

I arrived in Canada on the 17th of August with my family + Granny + Gregor + Calum for a little holiday after our 6 weeks in America and also so that I could be helped with the amount of luggage I had brought with me (woops!) Well I am a fashion student after all!

After getting a lovely guy at customs and then going onto have a horrible woman at immigration I got my passport stamped and everything was good to go! Everything just seemed real from then on in. 

Gregor and I were staying in a basement apartment just out at Greek Town so decided to take a taxi due to my ever growing luggage situation, the taxi's are very professional and are standard rates and you can ask for a flat fee before you step into the taxi so there are no nasty surprises. Half an hour later into downtown Toronto and we were greeted by our lovely Airbnb hostess - but do bear in mind that if your a Humber student you can arrange for someone to come and pick you up. If your doing a bit of traveling beforehand or afterwards I would recommend checking out Airbnb, lots of central apartments and the subway makes it very easy to get around and uber cheap as well!

We quickly dumped our things and then headed out to have a little look at the sights. Weekly subway passes are $39.95(ish) and give you unlimited travel for a week or you can just buy tokens which are $3 each and can be used on any of the transport options (bus, tram, subway) but I think you have to buy them in fives. The subways are uber easy to navigate and it only took us about 15 mins to get into Downtown. 

First stop was walking past the CN Tower but we actually saw a lot more of it when we went down to the Harbour front and took the boat out to the little island. The views were amazing and definitely worth the trip. The tour guides were also very informative and it was just a great all round thing to do on your first day exploring the city.





 Obligatory tourist photo that makes me look like I have thee HUUGEST ass known to man!




Yup there is a 'clothing optional beach' if that floats your boat!


We passed this incredibly random prisoner/shipwrecked thing and of course used it as photo opportunity.

Hope you enjoyed my insight into the first day I spent in Canada. Stay tuned for many more to come.

Sally xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment