Saturday 23 August 2014

ALL BUT A DREAM

Today marks the first post on this blog, an online diary of my time as an exchange student in Toronto, Canada. I want to be able to document my adventures here at Humber College so that I am able to look back on them in the future. I'm sure it will also help future students going on exchange programmes as I know I annoyed so many people with my never ending list of questions - you get the best answers from people who have already done it, trust me!

So here we go...

5 years previous

As many of you may or may not know I have always dreamt about studying abroad. I even chose my course at RGU because of the International Exchange opportunities that they offered. Travelling has always been my passion and I just longed to use my study time to pursue this. Many places were an option but for some reason I felt I was always drawn to Canada. Although at this time this goal just seemed 'all but a dream'.

December 2013

The time finally arrived for me to apply to the International Exchange programme. I knew that with only 2 places for Canada my chances were slim, seeing that my whole year seemed to be applying, but I just kept dreaming. (more posts to come on the application process).

March 27th 2014

After waiting anxiously all day, refreshing my emails nearly every 10 seconds an email popped into my inbox at 6pm...YES 6pm!!! I read the first sentence "CONGRATULATIONS SALLY" and after swiftly looking over the email I noticed CANADA and just burst into tears. I felt extremely happy but also a little bit scared as my dream was actually turning into a reality!

Today

Jumping forward to today, August 23rd 2014, I am sitting writing this blog post in my residence room at Humber having just moved in a couple of hours before. My exchange experience is no longer 'all but a dream'...it's now a reality!

Keep Dreaming
Sally xxx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is such a good idea! Excited to read about your journey x

www.wotwewore.com

Post a Comment